Thank you Scout & Cellar, Carrie Strimel for the opportunity to try a few of your fabulous wines! This post is supported and sponsored… as always all thoughts and opinions are mine.
I am absolutely obsessed with my book club. We read, we talk, we listen to music, we dance, we comfort each other- sometimes we even shave some heads… and we eat and drink.
There is no other Friday night I’d rather spend with my friends than these ones, so I try to make them special and unique each time. Our last one include some delicious dishes and a bottle of 2018 Gallivant Rosé from Mendocino County, California.
I chose to make a delicious strawberry tomato salad and mushroom quesadillas to pair with the fresh and lively red raspberry, pomegranate, limestone and zesty texture from the rosé. They’re both super easy to make and absolutely delicious!
Strawberry Tomato Salad
This super simple salad is such a fantastic combination of fresh ingredients for all seasons!
What you need:
3 green scallions, chopped
1# strawberries, quartered
1# compari tomatoes, quartered
1T fresh cilantro, chopped
¼c balsamic vinaigrette
What to do:
Put all your ingredients together in a bowl and gently toss to cover in balsamic. Refrigerate until serving!
What you need:
½ red onion, sliced
1 medium red pepper, sliced
1 medium yellow pepper, sliced
1T olive oil
16oz sliced white mushrooms
1½c shredded smoked Gruyere
10 large flour tortillas
* sour cream
What to do:
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat- add onions and saute for 3-5 minutes, until soft. Add peppers and saute for another 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same pan, melt 1½T of butter, then add mushrooms and saute for 7 minutes, over medium heat, until golden brown. Then toss in the bowl with the peppers.
- Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel, melt another ½T of butter, then layer: tortilla, 2T cheese, a heaping ¼c of the pepper and mushroom mix, 2T cheese, tortilla.
- Press your tortilla with the back of your spatula to help it melt together, and flip after 2-3 minutes. Use your hand to keep the top of the tortilla together as you flip. Brown for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and cut into wedges, top with sour cream/guac/salsa, and serve!
These delicious dishes paired with the 2018 Gallivant Rosé from Scout & Cellar are perfect. The chemical, additive-free wine, which provides more natural, altogether better-tasting wine experience to everyone and the natural fresh ingredients from the food create a fantastic environment for friends to enjoy an evening together!