This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SaveYourMemories #CollectiveBias
With the holiday season upon us, I wanted to share 5 great gift ideas that you can make right from home! For each project below, I am using my HP Deskjet 3632 All-in-One Printer/Copier/Scanner which allows me to print right from my smart phone.
Taking an unadorned picture frame with a flat finish makes the perfect canvas for decorating! This project is super simple to do with any holiday items you want! I chose holiday gems, in snowflakes and ruby, with adhesive already attached.
- Take your decorative items and lay them out in your desired pattern.
- Remove the backing of each “gem” and place them on your frame.
- Print out the perfect photo, wrap and give!
Millie loved being the star of this gift, as we wrapped it up and gave her little mug to her grandma for her birthday, and I love that I can print out any photo, right from my phone, to gift or fill the frames in my own home. The struggle to get those photos from tech to hand is no more!
Making activity and coloring books for all the kids in the family make for great gifts and stocking stuffers, but also the perfect distraction for long car rides down the coast to my childhood home, while waiting for dinner to be ready, or as a quiet activity to help settle the mind while surrounded by the hustle and bustle of the season! Coloring is such a wonderful thing- for adults and children- and to stay relaxed is key to a sane holiday season!
To make your own activity or coloring book:
- Find printables that highlight your theme. Because Addie loves music, I chose different carols!
- Print your pages in full-size: Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer, Oh Christmas Tree, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Wassailing Song, Silver Bells, We Wish You a Merry Christmas, Deck the Halls, Here Comes Santa Claus, Jingle Bells, The Christmas Song.
- Choose a cool cover for your book… and as a treat, color it yourself! (Yes, coloring is truly relaxing for you, too!)
- Assemble your book with this simple binding method:
- Staple the pages together at the binding.
- Cover the staples with a decorative masking tape- half covering the front, and half the back. This method ensures that the book is bound completely, but that the staples can’t poke or be pulled out by tiny hands.
This is such a simple book to make and can be so many different things.
- Buy a mini-1 inch binder with a customizable front.
- Print your favorite photos and make a collage!
- Add pages for a journal, print out monthly calendars… the possibilities are endless!
Addie loved this idea, and decided it would be great to make a journal for her Auntie Amanda!
Who doesn’t love a calendar?!
- Choose 12 photos you love for each month- we chose the birthday member for each month, and faves for other months. Print these photos full page.
- Print a calendar page for each month.
- Bind together by punching holes and then threading leather stripping through and knotting on the end.
- As a special touch, add in important dates, like anniversaries and birthdays to make it more personal to the receiver!
Like coloring, quiet projects like puzzles are great for the mind and have such a wonderful calming effect on the kids- so needed during these busy holiday times. To make your own holiday puzzle (and have some quiet time for yourself), try hanging the stockings, for your whole family!
- Print your jigsaw puzzle on photo paper- thicker stock will make it hold up better.
- Color your puzzle in, adding personal touches as you go.
- Cover with laminate paper.
- Cut along the lines.
- Stack your pieces together and tie, to make a sweet little wrapping for your kids to put back together again and again!
The HP Deskjet 3632 All-in-One Printer/Copier/Scanner is available at Walmart and is perfect for making crafts and presents, or giving to someone you love!
What photo gifts are you going to make this year? Share in the comments!