This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EffortlessPies #CollectiveBias
With the holidays upon us, my excitement is tangible! Not only are we in a new house, but we’re in what I hope to be our forever home. This year has to be a blowout for holidays!
Dave and I discussed hosting Thanksgiving this year, but in my audacious manner, I ripped down a wall of cabinets, leaving the kitchen not as beautiful as we’d like… and in that action, setting into motion taking down a half wall, meaning neither the dining room nor kitchen will be complete before turkey day. All of this has left us in not the best position to be hosting the big dinner, as we want the family to be in comfort and not sitting between boxes and unfinished drywall. This just isn’t the right year for us. But we still wanted to do something special… so we hosted my mother-in-law for a special mini-Thanksgiving dinner, complete with turkey, cranberry jelly, peas, stuffing- the works.
I wanted to create a meal we would all remember as a new tradition… the Martinka Mini-Thanksgiving… perhaps with less guilt, as only typical dinner portions were served and dessert was limited to delicious mini-pies Addie and I whipped up in the kitchen just moments after dinner!
The holidays are known as a time for binging and gorging ourselves, so I wanted to end our meal with a dessert that left us all satisfied, not stuffed! I perused the loads of desserts at Walmart, landing on the perfect idea of mini-pies when I saw Keebler® Ready Crust® Mini Graham Cracker Pie Crust– they come in a package of 6, so there are enough for all of us, and are easy to serve (they come in a personal tin), so I grabbed some up and went searching for filling.
To keep it light, we grabbed up some of the limited availability Dannon® Greek Yogurts. To make traditional pumpkin and apple pies, Addie chose Oikos® Pumpkin Pie Greek Yogurt and Light & Fit® Greek Apple Pie Yogurt. At her request, we got some “cream” for topping, Reddi-wip®. Our mini-pies were delicious and perfect for our family dinner, and I can’t wait to share them at our Friendsgiving and traditional Thanksgiving dinners, too.
- Keebler® Ready Crust® Mini Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Oikos® Pumpkin Pie Greek Yogurt
- Light & Fit® Greek Apple Pie Yogurt
- Empty one container of the Dannon® Greek Yogurt of your choice into a Keebler® Ready Crust® Mini Graham Cracker Pie Crust.
- Smooth over the top with the back of your spoon.
- Just before serving, top your pie with Reddi-wip® and serve.
- (Let set in refrigerator if you are not serving right away.)
- Top your pumpkin pie with mini chocolate chips and apple pie with a few slices of crisp apple and chedder cheese shavings for a special touch.
- *All items can be easily found at your local Walmart