I am on a forever mission to find dinners that fill us up without filling me out! This Lean(er) Lasagna recipe is awesome and is really great to freeze- no more freezer aisle shopping for you!
Make this amazing dish, and save at least half (because it could feed a small army) for a later date!
- Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1# ground turkey
- 3c tomato-basil sauce
- 1t basil
- 1t parsley
- 1t oregano
- 1/4t pepper
- 1t minced garlic
- 1/2c chopped fresh mushrooms
- 6c chopped fresh spinach
- 2c fat-free ricotta
- 1/4t nutmeg
- 1 package whole-wheat lasagna noodles
- 2c (8 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Sauté onion for 2 minutes, then add turkey and brown. About 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add sauce, all seasonings, garlic, and mushrooms and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, ricotta, and nutmeg.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Drain and rinse with cool water- move noodles around to avoid them sticking together.
- Coat a 9" x 13" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange 3 lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan. Spread a layer of ricotta mixture, then turkey mixture, then 1/3 mozzarella.
- Repeat layers, ending with mozzarella.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Add red pepper flakes to spice it up a bit and top with fresh basil leaves to serve!
The Lean(er) Lasagna is ideal for weekday meals, freezing, and even to serve all those New Year’s guests you have coming over to celebrate! This dish is sure to please all!
Estimate of nutritional information:
MAKES 8 SERVINGS: 310 calories, 6 g fat (3.5 g saturated fat), 31 g carbohydrates, 33 g protein, 4 g fiber
Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle says
That sounds so good! I love the way you cut some of the calories without cutting the flavor. Most recipes like this are just so bland.
Amy Desrosiers says
I love that this is a meal made healthier. Lasagna is one of my favs so making it less fatty is great!
We love a good lasagna at our house. I am always up for trying a new, healthier recipe.
Ann Bacciaglia says
Lasagna is one of my family’s favorites. I will have to get the ingredients I need to make this recipe on the weekend.
Lisa Bristol says
I am always looking for new healthier recipes to try. This Lasagna looks so delicious and easy to make.
i love lasagna but it’s definitely heavy so great to see a leaner version!
Liz Mays says
Oh this sounds good. Lasagna is a fave of mine and I bet I’d like it with turkey. I should try it!
Lasagna is one of my favorite dishes! This one looks delicious!
Dawn Gibson-Thigpen says
i love lasagna and a great tasting lasagna that is leaner is right up my alley i have been working to become healthier. so this would totally fit in my lifestyle
Reesa Lewandowski says
How cute are the kids waiting for dinner! This sounds delicious!