I am on a forever mission to find dinners that fill us up without filling me out! This Lean(er) Lasagna recipe is awesome and is really great to freeze- no more freezer aisle shopping for you!
Make this amazing dish, and save at least half (because it could feed a small army) for a later date!
- Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1# ground turkey
- 3c tomato-basil sauce
- 1t basil
- 1t parsley
- 1t oregano
- 1/4t pepper
- 1t minced garlic
- 1/2c chopped fresh mushrooms
- 6c chopped fresh spinach
- 2c fat-free ricotta
- 1/4t nutmeg
- 1 package whole-wheat lasagna noodles
- 2c (8 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Sauté onion for 2 minutes, then add turkey and brown. About 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add sauce, all seasonings, garlic, and mushrooms and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, ricotta, and nutmeg.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Drain and rinse with cool water- move noodles around to avoid them sticking together.
- Coat a 9" x 13" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange 3 lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan. Spread a layer of ricotta mixture, then turkey mixture, then 1/3 mozzarella.
- Repeat layers, ending with mozzarella.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Add red pepper flakes to spice it up a bit and top with fresh basil leaves to serve!
The Lean(er) Lasagna is ideal for weekday meals, freezing, and even to serve all those New Year’s guests you have coming over to celebrate! This dish is sure to please all!
Estimate of nutritional information:
MAKES 8 SERVINGS: 310 calories, 6 g fat (3.5 g saturated fat), 31 g carbohydrates, 33 g protein, 4 g fiber