You know when you get some blogger love and you #FAIL! I do!
My good friend and blogging mama, Tammy, at Not Just Another Mom tagged me and I fell off the boat! Because I truly believe that it’s never too late to start something, I am here to do just that!
Liebster means “dearest” in German and the award is given by bloggers to bloggers. Spreading some blog love to the blogs you love to read. Nominees answer the 11 questions in the post that nominated them and then will leave 11 more questions for their own nominees to answer. I would say this is easy… but I already mentioned that I totally forgot this post and feel a bit boneheaded-like!
Enough talk… let me answer my questions and give some love, myself!
1. What is your favourite blog post you have written?
This is really hard because I like what I write about as a whole… in fact I’m incredibly passionate about what I write. BUT… I will say the first piece I wrote took everything out of me. It wrote it raw and scared from Addie’s hospital room the day after her diagnosis. Check it out HERE.
2. What advice would you give new bloggers about sticking it out?
Just that- STICK IT OUT! If you’re passionate and committed and understand that it’s a lot of work… it’s making a schedule, putting yourself out there, networking, editing and re-editing, taking criticism, appealing to many people but still being true to yourself… it’s mind-boggling, and totally worth it!
3. What meal or dish do you make that is awesome?
Not to brag… but I’m awesome in the kitchen (when I’m not burning myself with hot oil). Some faves? Fish tacos, chicken pot pie and kale chips!
4. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
Stare at Addie. I cannot help it- she’s usually in bed with us by the time I wake up and there is nothing better than sitting up on my elbow and staring at her peaceful visage.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose and why?
Anywhere Addie and Dave are! Really? I’d love to just move out of Rhode Island because it’s just not the place for me. We have amazing friends and family close by, but I dream of being less cramped- more open space. Like Asheville or Houston (but I would miss the ocean and winter). Maybe we will get to Raleigh, or just find a place in MA. I would love to say Italy or France or something more educated- but I don’t think I want to live outside of the United States (but I would LOVE to travel!).
6. What is your favourite season of the year?
Summer and Winter. I’m a Scorpio. I live in extremes.
7. Tea or coffee?
Coffee everyday… Although I drink tea almost every night in the winter and raspberry tea is my favorite when I’m pregnant.
8. What is your favourite candy?
I’m not a big candy eater, but I wouldn’t pass up a Three Musketeers!
9. What was the last book you read?
I reread Death Be Not Proud in one afternoon nap. It was a mistake and made me terribly sad for a while.
10. What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
I’m the super black-sheep of my family… by a super long shot!
11. Guilty pleasure?
Nutella+peanut butter in a bowl and a glass of red wine, combined with an episode of Revenge.
Lots of love to these bloggers!!! Can’t wait to read more about you <3
Your questions are:
1. Where is your favorite place to write?
2. Tell something that has NOTHING to do with your writing life.
3. If you had $10 given to you, what would you do with it?
4. Your favorite song is…?
5. What inspired you to start blogging?
6. Where do you want to travel- why?
7. What’s your worst habit?
8. Given an extra hour a day, what would you spend your time doing?
9. When you hear ‘favorite’ what pops into your head first? (A friend, a food, a place, a smell, a store…)
10. Share a blog post that you want everyone to read- maybe the post that defines your message, gives life to your writing, or has the best tips.
11. What’s something not many people know about you?