This week’s challenge is to reflect on last year’s resolutions, and I was excited to go through my list and see how we did this year!
1. Give back to my body. I did OK with this. I wish I got the chance to run more… and I still have the ankle issue, but that’s probably just going to be like that forever.
2. Take care of my skin! This is still really hard for me. I am super excited that after a week of taking some vitamins CVS sent to me, my skin seems to be doing much better. More water and sleep are going to be high on my priorities for the next few months to really hit this one home!
3. Shut. It. Down. I’m not so great at this. I tend to work late.
4. Bedtime. See above. However, I have been getting to bed before 2, which is a really big deal for me!
5. Give experience. I still want to take a cooking class and a photography class and a wine and paint night. But the girls get to more classes because of my staying up late and working, so it is all worth it!
6. Menu plan. I did well with planning for a few months, then dropped off. Over the past few weeks, since moving in, I’ve gotten back to it and we all love it! We have crock pot nights when we have dance, and we have a night that Dave makes dinner to give me a break. It’s SO nice to not have to plan that morning!
7. A house. Yep!
8. PURGE! Not only are we purging, but I’ve been able to donate more- more than what we don’t need anymore, but also food, money and some new items, like blankets and baby items. We may not have a lot, but we have more than others… knowing we can give means we should be giving.
9. Budget. We are doing great with our budget right now. My goal is still to get a more formal budget together, but tightening our belts certainly helped us achieve a big goal this year!
10. Live every single day. I think we’re living pretty well. I still need clean floors and for the lawn to be leaf-free… but I’m learning to breathe. When a mess is made, we try to laugh and clean it up… and just giving the kids the opportunity to make a mess is a big step for me, and it’s led me to find out how capable my kids are. Check out Addie cracking eggs on her own!
How are you doing with your resolutions? As 2015 comes to a close, what are you looking to improve in the upcoming year? (Don’t forget to add your link for this week’s challenge!)