The whole point of the #52WeeksA4A blog challenge was to push myself out of my comfort zone, so while this is short, it is uncomfortable, for sure.
5 Things I Like About Me:
- My Family. Sure, some family we have by blood, but as we age, our family becomes who we choose- from close friends to our life partner. I love who I am surrounded by and hope to spend the rest of my days in the pleasure of their company.
- My Passion. Some call it annoying, others call me emotional… but I’m just really passionate. And I like that!
- My Organization. Years ago, my inability to be flexible with putting things away and letting a little mess go was a big sticking point with my friends- they used to mock me. Now I get compliments on how clean my house is. Sure, I stay up far too late because if my house is messy I cannot sleep, but it’s pretty cool that at least someone notices (and it’s never my kids!).
- My Strength. Literally. I am strong. As a child, I got a lot of my brute force power from my Dad- carrying wood, playing hockey, rough housing- and I carry that, still. Whether it’s unloading the car, while carrying 2 kids or pushing myself a few more miles, having the strength and endurance to do that amazes me. I don’t think much of myself, often, but when I think about what I am capable of, I feel powerful!
- My Motherhood. My journey in motherhood has been wild. Every moment seems jammed with minuscule movements that define more and more pieces of me that I am just growing into. My adulthood is rocky, and my missteps plenty, but if there’s one thing that has not been a mistake in these 31 years, it’s my girls.
What are 5 things you love about yourself? Please share, and don’t forget to link up your post below!